- Understand the role of art in social justice advocacy through intercultural dialogue.
- Recognize and see each other in various roles as individuals and creators of community.
- Nurture individual and collective voice through the creative process while teambuilding and problem solving.
- Encourage open exploration of identity and community to support belonging and trust.
- Build relationships and connections to feel heard and understood.
- Understand the importance of equity, access, and justice within and across communities.
DEADLINES AND DATES
Mentors Application - March 1, 2020
Students Application Social Justice thru the Art - March 1, 2020
Social Justice Thru the Arts 2020 - May 31 - June 7, 2020
2020: 41ST ANNUAL PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT INSTITUTE (PDI)
The Future of Student Empowerment and Equity: Learning About Self, Community, and Social Change
Monday, January 13, 2020 | 1:00 p.m.
2019: CSU Diversity Symposium
Learning About Self, Community, and Social Change: Social Justice Thru the Arts 2019
Thursday, October 17, 2019 | 12:00 p.m.